Milin Zhang (S'06 - M'11) received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electronic engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 2004 and 2006, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in the Electronic and Computer Engineering Department, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong.
After finishing her doctoral studies, she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Pennsylvania. She joined Tsinghua University as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering in 2016. She is currently working on analog and mixed signal circuit designs. Her research interests include designing of traditional and various non-traditional imaging sensors, such as polarization imaging sensors and focal-plane compressive acquisition image sensors. She is also interested in brain-machine-interface and relative biomedical sensing applications and new sensor designs.
Current Positions & Positions Held
|02/2016 - present||Assistant Professor, Dept of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua Univ.|
|01/2011 - 01/2016||Postdoctoral Researcher, Dept. of Electrical and Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania|
- Ph.D., Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, 2010
- Masters of Science in Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2004
- ISSCC SRP committee member
- TPC member of CICC 2019
- TPC member of BioCAS 2018
- Chair of IEEE SSCS Beijing Chapter
Honors and Awards
|May 2017||ISCAS Best Paper Award|
|May 2016||One-Thousand Talented Youth Award|
|Oct 2015||BioCAS Best Paper Award (First Place)|
|June 2014||ISCAS Best Paper Award of the BIOCAS Track|
- H. Zhu, M. Zhang*, J. Van der Spiegel, “Implementation of an Address Event Triggered Compressive Acquisition CMOS Image Sensor Design”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I). (Accepted)
- M. Zhang, X. Wu, N. Cui, N. Engheta, J. Van der Spiegel, “Bio-Inspired Focal-Plane Polarization Image Sensor Design: From Application to Implementation”, Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 1435-1449, 2014
- X. Liu, M. Zhang*, A. Richardson, T. Lucas, J. Van der Spiegel, "Design of a General Purpose Wireless Brain-Machine-Brain Interface System", IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (TBioCAS), vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 248-258, 2015.
- E. Lee, M. Zhang, S. Yang, N. Engheta, J. Van der Spiegel, "Tilted Pillars on Wrinkled Elastomers as a Reversibly Tunable Optical Window", Journal of Advanced Materials, vol. 26, no. 24, pp. 4127-4133, 2014.
- M. Zhang, X. Wu, N. Engheta, J. Van der Spiegel, "A Monolithic CMOS Image Sensor with Wire-Grid Polarizer Filter Mosaic in the Focal Plane", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (TED), vol. 61. no. 3, pp. 855-862, 2014.
- X. Wu, X. Liu, M. Zhang*, J. Van der Spiegel, "Current Mode Image Sensor with Improved Linearity and Fixed-Pattern Noise", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I), vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1666-1674, 2014.
- X. Liu, M. Zhang*, J. Van der Spiegel, "A Low Power Multi-functional CMOS Sensor Node for an Electronic Facade", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I), vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 2550-2559, 2014.
- M. Zhang, K. Ihida-Stansbury, J. Van der Spiegel, and N. Engheta “Polarization-based non-staining cell detection”, Optics Express, vol. 20, no. 23, pp. 25378-25390, 2012.
- M. Zhang, A. Bermak, “Quadrant Based On-line Spatial and Temporal Compressive Acquisition for CMOS Image Sensor”, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (TVLSI), vol.19, no. 9, pp. 1525-1534, 2011.